Ol' Fashion Grain Bread


I am one of those who was born in the wrong century! I should have been a pioneer!
I love making something out of nothing.....most of the time it turns out so good! I have learned to write my recipes down as I make them soooooo if they turn out yummy I can share with you all!!
Today's recipe comes from seeing the packaged Oat Bread in the store. I thought heck I can make something like that but better! No additives or preservatives! Just plain ol' goodness and love!
I did however, use a bread machine to get it ready. I cheated, I know, my hands, shoulders and neck can't take kneading anymore. I used our woodstove for the rising process and our bbq grill for the baking (some of you know we do not own a conventional oven).
Recipe:
I put in machine in order
3 TBLS butter, sliced
1 Egg
1 Cup of warm water
1/8 Cup of honey
1/2 cup of Oat Flakes
3TBLS Black Chia Seeds
2 Tbls Sunflower seeds or whatever looks good
2 Tbls Flax seed Meal
1 tsp of salt
3 Cups White Flour (using what I have on hand)
1 pkg of dry yeast or 2 Tsp

In this process you may need more liquid to get the dough to the correct consistency...(kind of sticky, bouncy, forming a ball)
I let it rise (twice) once in the machine then once in the pans
Bake 325 for about 20 mins or until the knife comes out clean


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Cornbread Casserole

Stuffed Green Peppers

Popeye Lasagna