Oatmeal Raisin Bars

I consolidated two posts into one from my other blog.......

3/4 C Butter
3/4 C Brown Sugar(I used Splenda Brown Sugar)
1/4 C Granulated Sugar (Again Splenda)
1 C Flour
1/4 Roasted Coconut
1 1/2 C Oatmeal
Cream the sugars and butter together, slowly add the flour, Add Oatmeal and Raisins, Mix thoroughly, Spread out by hand "smooshing" the mix into the bottom of the pan (9x 13, greased) *note this will be a thin bar almost like cookie thin*
**Tonite I added about 1/2-3/4 C of coconut to the top and when it was all done is was toasted on top!
350* for about 20-25 mins or until it looks like it is browning on the sides...



 I made use of the wood stove and baked some oatmeal/raisin bars which didn't last past the next morning.



Mixing by hand, slowly add the flour

Add Oatmeal and Raisins

I ended up having to mix with my built in "mixers"

Spread out by hand "smooshing" the mix into the bottom of the pan (9x 13, greased) *note this will be a thin bar almost like cookie thin*

I baked on the wood stove until I felt the top of the mix was no longer soft....I covered this pan with tinfoil to make better use of the heat.

Took about an hour with temps on the stove sticking around 325-350*

Cut into squares and watch disappear!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Cornbread Casserole

Stuffed Green Peppers

Popeye Lasagna