Easy Deviled Eggs

Ok I have to explain a couple things before I tell ya this one. I am at a place in our life where we are living by the "skin of our teeth". No really, the house we bought has no plug in or gas line for a range. It did not come with a cook stove. So I use a little portable camp stove or the BBQ for cooking. I use a miniature convection oven baking and a microwave for all the other stuff like boiling water, etc. 
I raise chickens for the eggs mostly if ever needed we will have meat. It would be a bit difficult to see one of my "girls" in the pot but if it means it feeds us well that is what God created them for. Home grown eggs are not the best for hard boiled although it can be done it is a pain in the neck to peel those eggs.

So with nothing further here is the recipe....
I took a medium size bowl and filled it half way with water then dropped individually each egg without the shell. Think poached eggs! Today I did 6 eggs. They settled on the bottom of the bowl.
I put in the microwave for 10 mins( may be different in yours due to watts) then I drained off some of the water so there was about 1/2 inch water on the top of the eggs at the bottom of the bowl. Put back in the microwave for another 5 mins....checked with a knife in one of the eggs to be sure the yolk is done. Drained off all the water....then I took a couple paper towels and dumped the egg cluster onto them...**Caution will be really HOT!...drying both top and bottom of this egg cluster.
I then cut each egg out from each other...will be different shapes not your traditional oval....I then turned them on their sides and sliced long ways. peeled out the yolk and what was left was a little cup to fill in the egg white.  Putting the yellow yolk in a small bowl or the bowl they were boiled in ( save on dishes). Repeat until all are done.
I  waited until the yolks cooled for about 5 mins. Mash them, then I added about 1/2 cup of mayo and about 1 Tbs of yellow mustard and mixed real good. Spoon into the egg white cups until full...repeat until all are full. Sprinkle a bit of paprika to finish.

Enjoy!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Cornbread Casserole

Stuffed Green Peppers

Popeye Lasagna