15 Bean Soup W/ Sausage & Onion

I decided since it was rainy and cold that I would brew up something in the ol' crockpot. So last night before bed I dusted off the ol' crock and went to work. I have jars of dry beans in my pantry so I picked up the 15 bean jar and poured out, in the bottom of crock, about half a jar which came to about 3 cups. Then added double that in water, I don't think you can have to much water add more if you think it needs it. So in my large crock this came to about 3/4's full. Then I let them soak until this morning about 8 am. I plugged 'er in, turned 'er on high and started addin' seasoning: 2 pinches of marjoram, parsley, basil and 1 pinch of thyme. About 1 tsp of black pepper and 2 tsps of Montreal chicken seasoning. Oh and don't forget like I did, a pinch of salt. Cut up a whole onion and add, then add a package of ground sausage (1lb), mine was frozen so I shed it of it package and layed straight on top of the beans. I let this all cook for about 4 hrs in between stirring and chopping up the meat as it thawed in the pot. It is so yummy!!!! Enjoy!

 15 Bean Soup W/ Sausage & Onion


Taken from my post http://adventures--of--life.blogspot.com/2013/09/chatty-cathy.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Cornbread Casserole

Stuffed Green Peppers

Popeye Lasagna