Christmas Bark



 I tried the recipe from Ozark Mountain Family Homestead and first off this recipe is really easy to say the least. Very Very Tasty!! Salty & Sweet, Buttery & Chocolatey....
I did do a couple things different in that I split the recipe in half as I had a smaller oven and pan. I used crushed peanuts as a topper. Oh and caution on the butter/brown sugar mix..DO NOT LEAVE IT ALONE. Constantly stirring is required and a timer!!! Jus sayin'!
Once you get things right this recipe take no time at all to make...I think the longest part was the cooling process which I used my fridge for that. 
It can be made as Peppermint, Chocolate, Toffee, Cherry, or whatever type of baking chips you prefer.  It’s best to use a cookie sheet with shallow sides and then line the bottom of it with saltine crackers.  

In a saucepan, combine 1 cup butter and 1 cup dark brown sugar.  
Bring it to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.  
Immediately pour it over your crackers and spread it to cover your crackers.  
Have your oven ready at 400° and bake for 5 to 6 minutes.  
Remove from your oven and sprinkle 2 cups of chocolate chips (or whatever flavored chips you like) over the top.  
Let it set for about 5 minutes for the chips to get soft, then spread them evenly.  
Top with pecans or Christmas colored M&M’s or fun sprinkles or use several toppings.  
Let it cool completely and then break apart.  
OPTIONS:
I have made this without the butter and brown sugar. Sprayed the pan with PAM them laid crackers in bottom...Sprayed crackers too. Then melted bark, then add pecan, diced then crumbled mint candy. Place in fridge to cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Cornbread Casserole

Stuffed Green Peppers

Popeye Lasagna